Learning reflection is an activity that is usually carried out after the learning process takes place. Learning reflection is defined as feedback on the learning that has been done. This learning reflection is in the form of an assessment, both written and unwritten.
In the learning process, it is not only the teacher who is important to reflect. Students also really need to reflect. Only the purpose of the reflection is different.
Student reflection to find out the extent of student understanding of the learning process that has been undertaken. Meanwhile, for teachers, reflection aims to determine the extent to which teachers can do learning well.
Teacher reflection is usually also obtained from students. Students provide feedback on what the teacher has done. It can also be done by reflecting with fellow teachers. As the topic of discussion in this article.
Teachers can reflect with fellow teachers. Teachers can ask for opinions from fellow teachers. Ask for opinions about the learning process that has been carried out. Is the learning method that has been done has been effective or not. Sometimes the teacher can ask his colleagues to come into the class he teaches. To be able to see and make observations.
In order for this reflection to be optimal, the teacher must have a big soul. Teachers must be able to accept all criticism and suggestions from fellow teachers. Reflecting with fellow teachers can be a way for teachers to reflect on learning. In fact, this reflection with fellow teachers has many benefits. So it is very important for teachers to reflect with fellow teachers, because:
- Reflection with fellow teachers is one way to reflect on learning
- Reflection with fellow teachers is more objective, because they both have knowledge of theories and learning methods
- Reflection with fellow teachers can be a means of sharing teaching experiences
- Reflection with fellow teachers can provide constructive criticism and suggestions, because they both have experience in doing learning
- Reflection with fellow teachers can be a space for positive expression among fellow teachers
- Reflection with fellow teachers is able to create good communication between fellow teachers
- Reflection with fellow teachers can improve bonding among teachers
- Reflection with fellow teachers can create teacher cohesiveness to be able to provide the best for their students
- Reflection with fellow teachers can be an evaluation tool for schools to improve the quality of education
There are so many benefits that are felt when doing reflection learning. Learning reflection is not only useful for improving teachers’ teaching abilities. More than that, learning reflection encourages the improvement of the quality of education.