Bullying is one of the problems that are often faced by children in their environment. There are many victims of bullying who do not want to open their mouths because they have been intimidated by bullies. The existence of victims of bullying can be caused by low self-esteem from children. With low self-esteem possessed by children, it can cause them to be unable and not have the courage to fight bullies. Therefore, we will learn more about self-esteem.
Self-esteem is a term that refers to describe the personal value of an individual, towards himself. In other words, self-esteem refers to the way a person values, appreciates, and likes himself. Self-esteem is formed from existing experiences, while self-confidence will be different, depending on the conditions and situations being faced.
From research conducted by Hidayati (2014) on the Relationship Between Self-Esteem and Resilience in Adolescents at the Orphanage for Orphans of Muhammadiyah Surakarta, it was found that the effective contribution between self-esteem and resilience was 43.6%, indicated by the determinant coefficient (r²) = 0.436 . This means that there is a very significant positive relationship between self-esteem and resilience in adolescents at the Muhammadiyah Surakarta Orphanage. Furthermore, research by Ekasari Andriyani (2013) on the Effect of Peer Group Support and Self-Esteem on Resilience in SMAN Tambun Utara Bekasi Students found that the relationship between self-esteem and resilience showed a real and direct correlation with a correlation coefficient of 0.481 and a determinant of 23.13% means that the self-esteem variable contributes 23.13% to resilience, the rest 76.87% is influenced by other factors. This shows that there is a positive and significant relationship between peer group support and resilience, self-esteem and resilience. This means that the higher the peer group support and the higher the self-esteem, the higher the level of resilience, or vice versa, the lower the peer group support and the lower the self-esteem, the lower the level of resilience.
From some of the journals that have been searched, it can be concluded that self-esteem has a significant influence on the level of resilience or a person’s level of resilience. Self-esteem is one of the factors that influence each student’s self which has implications for the learning process at school. By having high self-esteem, it can prevent students from doing negative things in achieving learning achievement.
Hidayati, Nurfitria Laili and , Susatyo Yuwono ,S. Psi, M. Si., Psi. (2014) Hubungan Antara Self-Esteem Dengan Resiliensi Pada Remaja Di Panti Asuhan Keluarga Yatim Muhammadiyah Surakarta. Skripsi thesis, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
Refnadi, R. (2018). Konsep self-esteem serta implikasinya pada siswa. Jurnal EDUCATIO: Jurnal Pendidikan Indonesia, 4(1), 16. https://doi.org/10.29210/120182133
Very Well Mind. Diakses pada 2020. Signs of Healthy and Low Self-Esteem.
Zesi Andriyani. (2013). Pengaruh Peer Group Support dan Self-Esteem Terhadap Resilence pada Siswa SMAN Tambun Utara Bekasi. Jurnal Soul, 6(1), 2-20. https://jurnal.unismabekasi.ac.id/index.php/soul/article/view/631
Leave A Comment