Of course, all parents will be proud if they have children who excel in their academic environment. This can be a joy for both parents and for the children. One of the births of high achieving children can be seen from the optimal development of children’s talents and creativity. Of course, this development does not escape the role of parents. Parents have an important role in the development of children’s talents and creativity because parents are the closest environment for every child in their family. Therefore, the role of parents is needed in developing children’s talents and creativity so that they are optimal.
In the theory of creative intersection, there are three important intersecting components which then determine the level of individual creativity. Of which the three components include:
- Skill domain: The skill domain talks about the main area or ability possessed by an individual
- Creative thinking and working skills: Creative thinking and working skills talk about how to work or how to forward ideas creatively, in ways that can be unusual, but have a level of originality of ideas and satisfying results, and talk about how to work and work abilities and,
- Intrinsic motivation: Intrinsic motivation represents how or what things are the impulses from within the individual and these drives make individuals able to work creatively, think creatively, and produce creative products.
Furthermore, as mentioned earlier, that the role of parents is very important in the development of children’s creativity, then based on research from Dacey (1989), the characteristics of creative families are as follows:
- Genetic factors vs family environment, because one of the parents was judged to be very creative, more than half of their children were also above average in terms of creativity.
- Rules of behavior, Parents who have creative teenagers do not determine many rules in the family.
- Creativity test as a predictor of creative achievement of adolescents, although some showed a high correlation with other factors, but overall the correlation was low. This is because the test used is an abbreviated creativity test and the creativity assessment is less abstract.
- Critical period, creative children usually have experienced a critical period and it makes children open to change.
From the things that have been conveyed above, it becomes a lesson for both students and parents in order to be a creative family for their children, so that with the creation of a creative family, it is hoped that parents can play a maximum role in developing the talents and creativity of a child. Because actually a child will be creative because they are in a creative environment, but on the other hand the creativity and talent of a child will not reach the maximum point if they are in an environment that is not creative.
Hananti, A., Kurniawan, I., Trisnani, Y., Purwaningtyas, B. P., & Kirana, L. P. C. (2019, Desember). Keberhasilan Kreatif Tokoh Akeela Dalam Film Akeelah And The Bee Dengan Teori Persimpangan Kreatif (The Creativity Intersection). Prosiding Seminar Nasional Lppm Ump (680-682). ISBN: 978-602-6697-43-1
Lestiawati, I.M. (2019, Agustus). Peran Keluarga Dalam Mengembangkan Keterampilan Kreatif Anak Usia Dini. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Dharma Acarya, Vol. 1(1). Diakses dari https://stahnmpukuturan.ac.id/jurnal/index.php/dharmaacarya/article/view/183
Lestari, B. (2006). Upaya Orang Tua Dalam Pengembangan Kreativitas Anak. Jurnal Ekonomi & Pendidikan, Vol. 3(1):17-24. Diakses dari https://journal.uny.ac.id/index.php/jep/article/view/629
Leave A Comment