Have you ever heard that children learn more easily by looking around them? This means that if parents want their children to grow up with high creativity in order to optimize their talents, then family conditions are needed where children can learn from observing their family environment. But unfortunately, many parents do not understand how to train a child’s creativity even though parents have such an important role in the development of children’s creativity. From the research conducted by Legowo, et al (1995) on 195 gifted children in 13 elementary schools in Surakarta district, the results showed that the role of parents contributed to at least 70% of success in guiding their children to become creative individuals. Therefore we need effective and easy ways to apply people in developing creativity and talent of a child.
There are several ways that parents can do in order to optimize the development of their children’s talents and creativity, including:
- Give praise and encouragement to children when children show their findings.
- Train children to plan family activities. Children’s initiative must be appreciated so that there is a positive sense of identity.
- Provide space for children to experiment and be made conducive so that children have a positive attitude towards their environment.
- Parents familiarize children with challenges to be creative and not too demanding and not assertive
- Children are trained to think creatively.
- Children who are engrossed in their world (eg doing something) should not be disturbed.
- Parents motivate children to carry out their own ideas.
- Not teaching children every step, by giving children space can make children use their imaginations and this aims to function their brains better.
- Do not scold the child so as not to loosen his spirit, for example when the child is experimenting where the child works becomes messy. (Mardiati Clothing, 1995).
So with easy ways that parents can do in making children’s creativity increase. This is expected to be a creative learning environment for children in which a child is able to optimize their creativity and talents.
Legowo, dkk. (1995). Prevalensi Anak Berbakat di Sekolah Dasar. Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan, Jilid 2, Nomor 1, halaman 65-78. Diakses dari https://media.neliti.com/media/publications/101588-ID-prevalensi-anak-berbakat-di-sekolah-dasa.pdf
Lestari, B. (2006). Upaya Orang Tua Dalam Pengembangan Kreativitas Anak. Jurnal Ekonomi & Pendidikan, Vol. 3(1):17-24. Diakses dari https://journal.uny.ac.id/index.php/jep/article/view/629
Lestiawati, I.M. (2019, Agustus). Peran Keluarga Dalam Mengembangkan Keterampilan Kreatif Anak Usia Dini. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Dharma Acarya, Vol. 1(1). Diakses dari https://stahnmpukuturan.ac.id/jurnal/index.php/dharmaacarya/article/view/183
Leave A Comment